Hello everyone 👋 Hope you’re all doing great!💜 So… silhouette art is a fascinating kind of art. In my case, I can’t draw people’s faces that good. At times I’ve often confused what I’ve drawn, a human face, or monkey or an alien!😂 But in this kind of art, I don’t have to sweat it. I can draw just the shape of the subject, color it black and be done with it. With the right kind of background, the sketch will look great, so you see why I love Silhouette art so much!😊
What is Silhouette Art?
A silhouette is the image of a scene, object or a person, represented as a solid shape usually in black colour. There is no distinctive outline or edges. In other words, the figure represented is usually backlit. Hence it appears dark against a bright background. Simply, the background is lit and foreground is dark. Since the subject is in high contrast with the background, the end result always looks cool. You can experiment with different types of background to make interesting effects.
Bright background ideas
- Highlighter/Neon markers (I’ve used here)
- Glitter ink
- Abstract watercoloring
- Color pencil shadings of single/multiple colors
- Any object that shines bright like lamp post, car headlights, or sun or moon. Well, you get the idea.😊
- Or simply white background
I’ve chosen a city view for the subject because it’s simple to draw but at the same time looks interesting. Here is the end result.
Here is an example of a different kind of background. I’ve drawn a lamp post that shines bright, with a girl walking as the subject. Check it out here – Silhouette art – Raining Colors
Thank you for visiting! If you’ve liked this then check out few other posts of mine here. 👇
- Cherry Blossom Doodle Cards and Doodle Templates | Free Printables
- Doodle With Me | Collaboration with Saumya
- How to Draw Simple Warlock Drawings | Doodle Cards
- Blogger Interview Series #12 – With Yuvi
- No One Is Safe Until Everyone Is | COVID-19 and Global Inequalities
Categories: Art of Drawing
I write, I read, I sketch, I repeat!💕